VP of Engineering, Platform
Build the Logistics Platform to Connect The World
At Flexport, our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Our Flexport Platform team is at the heart of that mission, digitizing and connecting the world through our first-class logistics technology. We’re here to cultivate imagination, innovation, and implementation of a new world of trade technologies with full data transparency and optimized efficiency. Our Vice President of Platform Engineering will be responsible for delivering impactful solutions in the following areas:
- Develop the foundational technological abstractions and primitives for Global Trade. Our technology platform will contain a multi-enterprise suite of services, APIs, and data for the development, deployment, and operation of software applications in the trade, logistics and supply chain industry. Data underpins our technology and the Knowledge Graph and capabilities you will be responsible for will be utilized by Flexport and our technology / logistics partners to standardize and simplify the complexities inherent in global trade.
- Lead the vision and built out of Next Generation Service Infrastructure leveraging kubernetes, service mesh, istio, etc. to power and run all of Flexport’s applications.
- Drive the best in class DevOps standards and process as well as create world class developer experience as our team scales.
- Lead the front-end engineering team to continue to build out libraries that power all of our applications.
Flexport is seeking an experienced Engineering Vice President who has the ability to dive deep into the complexities of each domain, maintain a wide perspective, while building a culture of excellence, innovation, ownership and learning for each group. Each group contributes to the Flexport Mission in distinct and meaningful ways, so the ideal person will bring breadth of experience building a data-driven platform and API-based products. This is an opportunity to help shape and accelerate the vision of Flexport, uniting the world in a seamless web of global trade.
- Scale a rapidly growing organization by defining clear culture, attracting the best talent, and delivering software solutions with high technical quality and reliability
- Partner with your peers to drive the Platform Products Strategy
- Ensure quality delivery
- Mentor and coach managers to create healthy execution-focused teams
- Build strong relationships with business and technology leaders
- Advocate and communicate the vision of Flexport and Flexport Platform with customers and engineers
- Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 15+ years leading Engineering teams with a strong track record
- Experience with technical innovation in a cross-functional engineering environment
- Experience motivating, mentoring, managing and scaling B2B Enterprise engineering teams through periods of rapid change
- Proven record for scaling global teams from 50 to 150+ engineers
- Passion and hands on Engineering Leadership experience related to B2B technology, products, platforms and continued technology learning and improvement
- Strong track record of delivering on objectives at scale and empowering teams to make quality decisions
- Building, maintaining and running complex and scalable microservice based enterprise systems
- Strong communication skills to customers, stakeholders and especially engineering teams
- Ability to drive and communicate technical strategy across all levels
- Bring a collaborative approach to building products with cross functional peers and dependent product teams, across organizational boundaries
- Ability to Deep Dive technically, while keeping a broad perspective
- Experience managing teams across multiple geographies, including the US, Asia and Europe
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission tomake global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward. We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse