Director of Product Management, Developer Platform
Build the platform that powers global trade
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—used Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021.
We are looking for a seasoned product management leader to develop the roadmap, vision and priorities for Flexport’s Developer Platform, which includes our Public API portfolio and Developer Portal (developer.flexport.com). As a champion of developers and customers alike, you will define and deliver innovative developer-facing products, including tools, SDKs, and APIs along with mechanisms for partners to distribute their integrations. You will drive measurable impact using qualitative and quantitative insights, creating a deep understanding of customer, partner and developer needs connected to detailed product requirements and success metrics.
You will manage a team of highly motivated individuals and support their continued career growth, championing a product management culture that focuses on delivering impact, data-driven decision making and fast, purposeful execution. You will frequently present at all-hands and executive meetings to bring everyone along in our platform journey to unlock global trade for the world, and drive market differentiation for Flexport.
- Lead the 3 year product vision and strategy for Flexport’s developer platform and paint a clear path on how we will get there
- Realize this vision through attracting, managing and developing a talented, diverse team of product managers, while leading a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, data scientists and other specialists
- Bring your deep understanding of developer and customer audiences to create a rich ecosystem of externally built applications and integrations, including customer adoption of those solutions
- Drive our foundational API infrastructure and tooling to improve time to market for internal and external developers, including performance monitoring
- Develop enablement programs through the Developer portal to grow developer awareness, adoption, best practices and community
- Make data driven decisions and implement metrics to manage your team’s progress and impact.
- Be the API expert and evangelist within and outside Flexport, proving the value of our Global Trade Platform and helping customers solve critical business problems in the world of logistics and supply chain
- Bring at least 7 years of Product Management experience
- Have a track record of creating world-class developer experiences, including API Products and developer-centric programs
- Be invigorated by mentoring and growing product teams
- Work with a high level of autonomy and responsibility for your team, collaborating with and inspiring engineering teams while influencing and partnering with adjacent teams
- Be comfortable in a startup like environment and can operate independently to build and execute products
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Create strong relationships with business and tech leadership, and drive consensus among stakeholders
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse