2023 Summer Data Analytics Intern (Undergraduate Degree)
Build the analytics to help Flexport grow
As a Data Analytics Intern, you will work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to improve an industry by analyzing the new operating system for global trade. You will own and work through an entire data analytics project end-to-end over your 12 week internship.
It will ultimately culminate in delivering a production ready feature and presenting it and your process to our team. The Data Analytics team at Flexport has an enormous variety in the types of projects they work on and covers all Flexport departments, including Demand, Operations Excellence, Trade Lane Management, and everything in between.
- Lead and complete at least one data analytics project that will be used in production.
- Work with a supportive mentor who has a stake in your success and will help you grow.
- Work cross-functionally with the entirety of Flexport - analytics, engineering, product, and business teams.
- Apply analytical and statistical concepts from your education and work experience to real world challenges.
- Learn and use our modern analytics tech stack, including dbt, Snowflake, Command Line, and Looker.
- Be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a Statistics, Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Information Systems or a related STEM field with an expected graduation date between December 2023 through August 2024.
- Completed coursework in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or related fields.
- SQL fluency. Strong Excel / Python or R skills a plus.
- Exposure to data visualization tools; knowledge with Looker preferred
- A “compliance first” attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
You will get:
- An assigned manager and mentor who will be dedicated to your success at Flexport.
- Projects and assignments which will help build your knowledge and skills while making a direct impact on the business.
- Visibility to leaders within the organization and opportunities to present your work/projects.
- Opportunity to join team building activities to get you familiarized with both your immediate team and other Flexport employees.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统