Staff Software Engineer, Ecosystem
We are reinventing global trade.
The Global Data Ingestion team within the Ecosystem organization is a newly formed team tasked with the centralized ingestion of all trade-related data from external data sources and aggregators, normalizing that data, validating it according to a set of business rules, and forwarding the data to various engineering teams across Flexport.
The team is setting out to tackle the high degree of complexity, non-standardization and oftentimes chaos that plague the world of freight forwarding. This team will work with the rest of the Tech org at Flexport to build and manage hundreds of ingestion pipelines, built with world class software engineering practices and to a consistent system architecture.
What you’ll do:
- Help design a resilient and extensible architecture for the global ingestion of data to power global trade.
- Teach design patterns and software engineering principles to the rest of the Ecosystem organization.
- Work closely with partners and users to distill complex data problems into elegant technical solutions
- Build SDKs and APIs to enable teams to build ingestion pipelines quickly, with quality, and rich observability.
- Work cross-discipline with PM and TPM to define and drive data quality across Flexport.
- Play a significant role in the career development of others, actively mentoring and educating the community on data trends, technologies, and best practices.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of software development, design and architecture, and releasing and maintaining complex software products.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building and operating data pipelines
- Strong coding skills in Java / Kotlin, Python, Scala, Go or other programming languages related to our data stack
- Experience with streaming services such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink, etc.
- Able to own software development projects from requirement gathering to release end to end.
- Excellent communication skills. Be able to translate business requirements to technical requirements, and a proven record of communicating x-function and with non-technical audiences, like business teams.
- Bonus: experience with Spring Framework, Spring Cloud Stream, Spring Boot etc.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in #LI-Hybrid
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统