Build the programs to help Flexport grow
We are looking for a driven Accounting Analyst to join our EMEA accounting team. If you are looking to accelerate your growth in Accounting, we want to hear from you.
In this role you will be responsible for the monthly closing of books across European jurisdictions. You have strong analytical skills and are solution-oriented. You are independent but also enjoy working together in a team. You are used to working under pressure and getting things done, and strive in a high-growth and international setting.
Joining our team as an early member means that next to the day-to-day you will also be part of building and refining existing processes to meet our scaling needs. We truly live the value “If you see something broken, fix it!” and encourage you to run improvement initiatives. A real questioning mind accompanied with a hands-on mentality is key to success in this role.
- Drive month end close process for both US GAAP and local GAAP books
- Prepare journal entries for timely and accurate financial statements
- Own completeness and accuracy of accounts
- Prepare monthly accounts reconciliations
- Assist in preparing variance analysis
- Assist with local statutory financial and tax filings in 5+ different countries in Europe (NL, UK, DE, DK, IT and more)
- Collaborate across disciplines within Europe, Asia and the US to ensure complete, accurate and timely transaction flows recording in the ERP
- You will be part of the controlling team in Europe consisting of 5 FTE (accounting, tax and reporting) and report to the regional controller of Flexport Europe
You should have:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 1 - 2 years of practical accounting experience
- Fast learner interested in improving processes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and team-player attitude
- Attention to detail, prioritization and planning skills
- Experience with ERP Oracle NetSuite or similar accounting software preferred
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Many of us were once in your shoes.
Global trade is an infinitely fascinating but highly complex industry, where purchasing decisions are made every day rather than on an annually recurring basis. Don’t worry, you won’t need to become the world’s expert on ocean freight (we already hired that guy). We’ll look to you to apply your deep understanding of our key audiences, the funnel, and how to meet a digitally connected audience where they are.
It’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiencestogether with our industry veterans to help move this industry forward. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- IT & Security