Engineering Manager, Developer Experience Tools
We are reinventing global trade.
The Developer Experience team is rapidly growing and we are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the team that will focus on improving infrastructure tools and enabling self service models. The team shares best practices for using tools and helping developers build and change their applications. Developers can use these tools to accelerate delivery.
More specifically, the team will be responsible for:
- Work closely with engineering and other infrastructure team(s) to define, design and implement Flexport’s next generation Infrastructure
- Define and support development, local or in the cloud-based integrated environments
- Improving and Supporting the reliability of Flexport’s Continuous Integration (For ex. Github actions/workflows, BuildKite) and more and Developer focused tools (for example: Backstage, Artifactory)
- Supporting and enhancing PR automation and continuous automated testing
- Developing monitoring into the tooling
- Define and evolve standard operating procedures for for the Developer Productivity Tools
- And more
What you’ll do:
- Recruit, build, and lead the team developing the tools that enable rapid software development of our services and applications.
- Create a strong product and architectural vision with a demonstrated ability to communicate, advocate, and execute on that vision.
- Collaborate across engineering teams to align project priorities and requirements.
- Represent your team with leaders across different parts of our organization.
- Participate in critical technical design and product discussions of various initiatives.
- Invest in the development and coaching required for each team member’s success.
- Manage, measure, and communicate the team's progress toward goals.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing a team of infrastructure and/or devops engineers
- A customer focused mindset
- Demonstrated experience leading teams that built and operated critical developer tooling.
- Experience with K8S and CI/CD tools, including the benefits and challenges.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统