Join Our Growing Legal Team
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Due to our rapid global expansion, we’re looking for the next addition to our Legal Team, who will primarily support the Company’s Sales (Demand) Team and handle various commercial agreements and negotiations with the Company’s customers across segments and industries. This role will also support other business units’ commercial needs as necessary (including general commercial contracts, supporting new and expanding operational and product teams).
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Negotiate contracts with customers and vendors (G&A) across all industries, segments and geographic locations.
- Support and coach sales and various business teams on deal structure and contract negotiations (for customers and vendors).
- Advise a multitude of business teams on risk, negotiating points, and agreement structures.
- Collaborate with leadership in Sales, Finance, Risk, Insurance, Compliance, Operations, and teams (including but not limited to the Legal Team) across the Company to close deals.
- Be the central point of contact for any new and updated agreements with customers and vendors.
- Work with our Business Technology and Demand / Sales Teams to aid in building, revising, and improving the current customer contract intake process flow. Conduct internal training on an as needed basis.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and business partner across the Company by providing counsel and guidance for accomplishing Flexport’s overall business objectives.
You should have:
- JD and bar admission to practice in any US state.
- 5 + years of professional experience preferably in-house.
- A solid understanding of commercial contract law.
- The willingness to learn how to negotiate contracts in logistics, international trade, shipping, maritime, transportation, freight forwarding, and / or supply chain.
- Desire to expand to support additional business teams as required by Company growth.
- Practical experience and solid knowledge of commercial and contract law.
- Comfort with handling topics such as privacy and data protection in the commercial contract context.
- Interact with internal clients while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, and thorough manner.
- A passion for closing deals.
- The ability to multitask, work on your own, and prioritize multiple, often competing for deliverables while managing expectations meeting deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate effectively and gain trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels.
- Ability to work as a team member of the legal department in a scalable, autonomous and accountable manner, demonstrating flexibility across deal types and time zones.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with both internal departments and external business clients while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, and thorough manner.
- The ability to build relationships and to establish myself as a trusted advisor and business partner across the Company.
- The willingness and drive to learn freight forwarding and all of its intricacies.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- IT & Security