Global Senior Intercompany Accountant
Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Flexport has an immediate opening for a Global Senior Intercompany Accountant to join our Finance team. Finance is central to Flexport’s success - creating transparency of company’s performance, financials, risks and internal controls, and building the people, process and product needed for the future of Flexport.
We're looking for a Global Senior Intercompany Accountant with this mission. You will analyze and resolve complex problems, and have the opportunity to lead projects with multiple teams that are directly aligned with our goals.
What you’ll do:
- Implement an intercompany transaction subledger that will be used across all finance teams (Accounting, Tax, Treasury, etc.)
- Serve as Corporate hub for intercompany accounting, managing intercompany transactions, policies and communication and company-wide reconciliation of intercompany account activity.
- Prepare journal entries to ensure timely expense recognition (on both sides) for month end, quarter end, and year end intercompany related accounts.
- Perform month-end balance sheet reconciliation including intercompany receivable/payable
- Perform month-end currency translation adjustment and develop a foreign exchange analysis and present findings to senior leadership.
- Continuously improve business processes, systems, and documentation as part of SOX readiness and testing
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by external auditors.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc analyses.
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience working in an international company in an intercompany accounting function and FX gains/loss experience strongly preferred
- Strong acumen for detail and willingness to learn
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong problem solving skills/critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills with working across international stakeholders, including regional leaders in EMEA and APAC
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- IT & Security
More About Flexport