Head of Finance (APAC)
We are reinventing global trade.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for a regional Head of Finance for the APAC region to oversee our Accounting, Financial Operations and Operations Finance teams and to partner with executives in our Demand, Operations and Product organizations in APAC. You will be the strategic financial advisor for the APAC region and ensure the financial and operational rigor of the business.
You will play a central role in decisions affecting the go-to-market and operations strategy as we accelerate through an unprecedented phase of growth and success at scale. Your financial and strategic expertise in freight forwarding will enable you to identify and mitigate issues before they arise in order to safeguard the integrity of our financials. As a pivotal partner to the business, the clarity, energy and results you deliver will be visible across the Executive team and Finance leadership team.
- Collaborate closely with the APAC Sales, Operations and Product teams to lead and support strategic and financial analyses to address evolving business dynamics and needs in the APAC region.
- Provide management with insights into drivers of bookings, revenue, client, product, operations and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities.
- Manage the variance analysis of bookings, revenue, customer and product margin, expenses and headcount by clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting forecast models as appropriate.
- Audit and review financial models to ensure they are both accurate and updated to reflect changing business needs, including their development, improvement and maintenance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of tools, systems and processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate accounting closings and forecasts.
- Take a leadership role in the coordination of the various planning and forecasting cycles (annual planning, quarterly/monthly/weekly outlooks).
- Maintain a consistent meeting cadence between key leaders and cross-functional business partners.
- Act as the regional leader for the Accounting, Financial Operations and Operations Finance teams in the APAC region.
You should have:
- 15+ years financial analysis experience in freight forwarding company or industry adjacent.
- Exceptional leadership skills: coaching, mentoring, running a high performing team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, or related experience.
- Analytical background working directly in an FP&A, Strategic Finance or Business Operations environment modeling and analyzing bookings, revenue, costs and expenses.
- Excellent communication, listening and influencing skills.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- Translation of analytical results into insight and recommending actions to the Executive team.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- IT & Security
More About Flexport