Director, Global Mobility
We’re reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—used Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in more volatility -- as today. Through a robust thought leadership program we’ve put Flexport in front of decision makers and influencers as well as mainstream America via features in Forbes, Fast Company, Mad Money, New York Times, Reuters, and the All In Podcast to name a few.
Now it’s time to deepen that story with a better understanding of how Flexport will change the game. We’re seeking a creative and collaborative leader to build out our Global Mobility strategy and programs for our current employees and candidates. In this role, you will lead and build out a team of immigration specialists and mobility program managers and be responsible for the global strategy for relocation and immigration. You will partner directly with a wide variety of stakeholders, including teams within HR and Legal, managers, employees, candidates, and external law firm partners, among others, to build, enhance and deliver best-in-class service offerings. While this role is stakeholder facing and includes a significant amount of business partnering, it also includes important operational and compliance tasks.
- Lead design of global strategy for relocation and immigration, including program and policy design, execution, and assessment
- Develop creative solutions to meet immediate and long term business objectives
- Provide strategic global mobility-related expertise to HR team members and business leaders across the organization.
- Continuously examine and refresh program guidelines and all global mobility vendors to ensure industry competitiveness and compliance with legal, tax, and local employment regulations
- Assist with the day-to-day operations, providing support to all employees and candidates on all immigration and mobility matters, ensuring all escalations are resolved
- Build out and manage a team (over time) of specialists/program managers
- Effective develop and execute communication plans that promote global mobility as a key part of Flexport’s talent strategy
You Should Have:
- Minimum 8 years of Global Mobility experience (knowledge and experience working with tax, legal, compensation and immigration issues)
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience managing global relocation and immigration programs with a focus on vendor management for a multinational company
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of global immigration regulations and practices
- Experience in development of immigration content/knowledge base
- Strong customer service orientation and vendor management skills
- Experience with managing law firm partners
- Excellent organization and communication skills with great attention to detail, while focusing on stringent deadlines, managing concurrent high priority initiatives
- Ability to work on assignments that are complex in nature, requiring judgment in resolving issues or making recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn quickly to fill any gaps in knowledge
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to connect and develop trust quickly with stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Possess confidence in the handling of ambiguity and fluid situations
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- IT & Security
More About Flexport