Integration Engineer, Solutions
Flexport’s Demand & Commercial Business Unit team mission is to enable a highly efficient, predictable and transparent supply chain by building a robust data network between the Flexport core platform and our customer, supplier and carrier systems.
As a Flexport Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for building B2B data integrations between the Flexport’s platform and those of our customers and key partners. You will be working with a myriad of clients, from fast growing startup brands to established enterprises, building high quality, reliable and scalable integrations.
What you will do:
- Become a technical expert in logistics space and develop a deep understanding of the Flexport platform
- Participate in customer/partner calls, understanding their requirements and articulating Flexport’s platform and API capabilities.
- Develop an understanding of different data standards and formats like EDI, Rosettanet, XML, JSON etc. being used by our enterprise partners for logistics data
- Build robust and scalable integration solutions which are repeatable and easily supportable.
- Utilize an integration platform such as Boomi to build reliable data integrations between Flexport’s APIs and our partner systems, while providing visibility and transparency to both technical and non-technical cross functional teams.
- Work closely with Flexport’s Product and Engineering teams, proactively surfacing technical gaps between customer asks and Flexport’s current service and technical capabilities, and collaborate closely to address them.
- Partner with Sales and Operations to help answer customer questions and scope the technical effort required to build integration solutions.
What you‘ll need:
- Minimum 5 years of software or technology experience with a minimum of 2 years experience building and supporting B2B integrations.
- Experience delivering solutions with enterprise integration platforms such as Boomi, Tibco, Webmethods, Mulesoft or similar.
- A good understanding of and experience working with different data formats like EDI, JSON, XML etc.
- A good understanding of and experience integrating systems with different connectivity methods like Rest/SOAP APIs, AS2, SFTP etc.
- A good understanding of database concepts and fluency in SQL
- Prior experience building and deploying robust programmatic integrations with APIs in a production environment.
- Working knowledge of Agile frameworks either Scrum or Kanban
- Working knowledge of CI/CD pipeline solutions
- Experience implementing Software Testing Life Cycles (STLC) and the attention to detail to create high quality test cases
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
Extra points for:
- Experience with integrating SaaS and on-prem ERP, Fulfillment, Order Management, or Warehouse Management systems
- Experience leading technical discussions with internal and external stakeholders, including customers’ technical teams and their system integrators.
- Prior experience building EDI integrations is a huge plus.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to theEngineering Blog.
- Account Management
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- United States
More About Flexport