Director of Business Development, Flexport Capital
Director of Business Development, Flexport Capital
Grow the Flexport Capital business
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Each of these customers faces significant working capital burdens that hamper their ability to grow their businesses. Since inception, Flexport Capital has provided over $2BN in loans to Flexport customers to address these needs. Our non-dilutive capital products empower businesses to grow and bridge their working capital needs, while maintaining ownership and control. As a start-up within a start-up, we’re also developing unique fintech products across financial services, leveraging Flexport’s trade data to provide a global suite of spend management products for inventory-based businesses.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and financially-savvy leader to manage Business Development, the team which executes deal origination and serves as financial consultants to Flexport clients. Due to the early-stage nature of the Flexport Capital business, this leader will also have a key role informing cross-functional strategic projects related to product strategy, marketing and sales operations.
- Lead a team of sales and investing professionals to drive revenue growth and expand market share
- Work closely with Flexport's global sales teams to execute working capital financing deals
- Identify new business opportunities and build strong relationships with clients
- Develop and implement sales strategies to drive revenue growth and achieve sales targets
- Oversee the credit investment process from origination through closing
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures, and regulations
- Maintain close relationships with Flexport Capital’s clients including entrepreneurs and C level executives
- Build a high-performing team by providing coaching, mentoring, and professional development opportunities, including 8 FTEs today
- Support strategic projects across product, sales, and capital markets partnerships
You Should Have:
- 10+ yrs in sales and credit investing with a proven track record of building and maintaining long-term commercial relationships
- Strong leadership and people management skills with experience managing sales and investment teams and mentoring and developing talent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- Knowledge of supply chain finance, trade finance, and working capital financing products; strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate credit risk and structure financing deals
- Demonstrated passion for financial technology and the future of embedded financial services
- Expert sales instincts, stellar negotiation skills, and a track record hitting and exceeding targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to present to C-level executives and Boards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- High financial acumen; deep experience with company financial statements and working capitalBA/BS required; MBA a plus. Degrees in Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance are a plus. Excel required, Salesforce CRM is a plus
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Management
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- United States
More About Flexport