Ocean Manager Southern Europe
Build the platform that powers global trade
Regional Ocean Manager, Southern Europe
- Manage a sizeable Ocean P&L for your district through scaling volume and increasing yield
- Be the market expert and support the commercial organization with market-specific intelligence, trade idiosyncrasies, and directly interfacing with customer
- Help design products and generate customized go-to-market strategies for customers
- Own tenders and RFQs for your district to secure regional and global customers
- Interface with procurement and pricing teams to drive profitable business, identify growth opportunities, and capture market-specific knowledge
- Identify and drive improvement in go-to-market, operational, and financial processes
- Build and own P&L review and actively participate in book of business growth rhythms
- Use data to drive decisions
- Help drive near and long term district forecasting
- Join on a regular basis client calls and webinars
- Build and maintain relationships with a portfolio of partner carriers (Account Executives, Senior Leadership in country/global)
- Drive all financial health levers for your district including quoting, invoicing, and dispute escalation
- Work across Procurement, Pricing, Planning, and District Management teams to deliver globally optimized results to the Ocean P&L
You should have:
- 7+ years of prior Ocean Freight experience at a top freight forwarder or carrier or 7+ years of supply chain experience and a BA/BS Degree;
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Bias to Action, Process, Structure and Data;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Ability to travel regionally;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in thisFast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one withFlexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Management
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- United States
More About Flexport