Senior Drawback Associate
Help Facilitate Our Clients’ Duty Recovery Efforts
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 2,500+ Flexporters across 20 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for a Senior Drawback Associate to join our Drawback team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for helping us build the next generation of drawback services by optimizing our clients’ drawback recoveries and facilitating their drawback experience alongside some of the smartest people in the logistics industry as we collectively challenge the status quo and reduce the friction in global trade.
- Prepare US and foreign duty drawback forms, applications, responses, and claims as necessary for establishing and maintaining our clients’ drawback programs
- Manage the day-to-day drawback operations for multiple clients
- Collaborate with software engineers and product managers to design, develop, and implement innovative solutions for duty drawback services, globally
- Analyze import, export, manufacturing, and other business documents and data
- Proactively investigate drawback recovery enhancements
- Analyze and interpret complex duty drawback regulations and requirements to identify areas of improvement and growth
- Prepare drawback claims utilizing drawback software solutions, analyze results, and troubleshoot issues
- Manage and maintain import, export, and other client and claim databases
- Work to ensure compliance with drawback and other regulations
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior associates in understanding duty drawback processes and industry standards
- Design and execute test plans to ensure the functionality and accuracy of duty drawback software solutions
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues or challenges that arise during software development and implementation
- Assist in creating training materials and provide training sessions to internal teams and clients on duty drawback processes and software solutions
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of duty drawback processes and workflows
You should have:
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail-oriented with superior organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills,
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel and Google equivalents, analytical tools and functions highly desirable
- Familiarity with large sets of data
- Mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
- 3-5 years of experience in duty drawback program implementation and account management
- Some industry knowledge, including classification, valuation, duty minimization and avoidance strategies, government regulations and rulings, and other trade information preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, Licensed Customs Broker preferred
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.