At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Flexport is reinventing global trade.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together. To keep up with our growth, we’re looking for a smart and passionate Workplace Coordinator for our growing team to help in building and scaling business expansion projects. Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Front Desk Duties: Be the welcoming face of Flexport answering phones, directing calls, and greeting guests.
- Logistical event coordination (Happy Hours, office visits, etc).
- Work with the Workplace Coordinator or Manager to ensure all office supplies are ordered and stocked at all times.
- Coordinate with building management (input work orders, access requests, vendor registration, dog registration, etc.).
- Creation of new hire security badges.
- Help maintain the appearance of the office, conference rooms, kitchens, and common areas.
- Be a set of eyes on all things office, vendors, security, and facilities.
- Help us stay in compliance across our office and an ambassador of employee security.
- Work in conjunction with IT Help Desk on new hire workstation setup and office moves.
- Admin support and additional projects as needed.
What you’ll need:
- A BS/BA degree preferred.
- Up to one year of administrative/office experience, ideally in a high-growth environment.
- A passion for people. You are smart, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, and excited to bring out the best in people.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with setting up new office is a plus.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments within a complex organization.
- A structured and organized approach towards your work.
- A strong sense of urgency and personal accountability (you take the initiative to make things happen).
- Professionalism including the ability to make a good first impression and demonstrate respectful, friendly and welcoming behavior.
- You see a problem and come armed with a solution.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward. We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.