Senior Financial Analyst
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
The Opportunity: Sr. Finance Analyst, North America Commercial Finance
The Senior Financial Analyst will act as the de-facto P&L owner (CFO / COO) for a given region within the United States (South or West Coast). They will play an active role for forecasting, business planning, management reporting, and business analytics activities across our North America book of business ($1B+ P&L). The role will serve as a strong strategic business partner who can foresee the needs of the business and help drive growth and visibility. He/she will also bring a strong analytical toolset, and proven experience working with a wide variety of partners.
- Report to the North America Finance Director
- Partner with the regional General Manager (South or West Coast) leader to monitor & communicate company performance, and empower leaders in managing their business
- Support on the overall Flexport financial reporting and planning process including management and coordination of the monthly, quarterly and annual calendar
- Provide analytics to their stakeholders to help drive business insights
- Strong problem-solving ability combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization
- Continuously improve reporting frameworks, tools and processes to ensure access to timely, accurate and actionable data
- Have a deep understanding of the key drivers of the organization and your function
- Ad-hoc analysis for departmental leads, providing insight on budget vs actuals, performance, and operational optimization, etc
You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in FP&A or Finance
- Very strong financial modeling and MS Excel skills required
- Strong coding (SQL, python, other) skills and ability to demonstrate level of expertise
- High attention to detail, accuracy and strong analytical skills required
- Proactive, self-motivated, can work autonomously and take initiative to learn
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
Worried About Not Having Any Logistics Experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.