Senior Financial Analyst
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for business performance analysis, management forecast & reporting, and ad hoc business analytics activities. The role will help position the team to be a strong strategic business partner, to assist and challenge the APAC team to foresee the needs of the business and help drive business visibility for rapid decision making. The ideal candidate will also bring a strong technical and analytical toolset, and adaptable to working in a fast-paced and ever changing environment.
- Provide analytics to stakeholders to drive business growth. This will include data mining, analysis and structuring findings into clear and actionable items to various stakeholders.
- Work with senior leaders across the company to monitor & communicate company performance, coordinate company planning and empower leaders in managing their business.
- Key business partner who supports the supply organization on all strategic projects from a finance and analytical lens.
- Support the financial reporting and planning process for management reviews.
- Continuously improve reporting frameworks, tools and processes to ensure access to timely, accurate and actionable data.
- Effectively communicate results with team members within Finance and cross functional partners.
- Have a deep understanding of the key drivers of the organization and your function.
- Ad-hoc analysis for departmental leads, providing insight on performance, and operational optimization, etc.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Data Analytics related field required.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in FP&A, Finance Operations or Data Analytics.
- Ability to code in SQL and any other BI / data analytics tools. Knowledge of Adaptive Insights a plus.
- MS Excel skills required and experience in Financial modeling a plus.
- Understanding of data architecture and ability to bridge the business’ needs between users and Data Analysts.
- Result-oriented, self-motivated, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, well-organized, adaptable & capable of working in a fast-paced environment independently under pressure and tight schedules.
- Ability to demonstrate strong initiative, possess strong communication skills and engage with multiple stakeholders.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.