Lead our EMEA Partnerships Team!
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire a Director/Senior Manager of Partnerships as part of our Partnerships Team to join our growing Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) Team. This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely with not only the Partners Team and our forwarding and customs partners, but also different teams across the company to achieve our shared goals. You’ll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
- Build and lead a high performing team to manage and grow the Flexport partner network across Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)
- Own the partner relationships and partner success
- Establish & maintain performance management systems to drive service readiness, quality, and efficiency, leveraging global performance metrics, targets, dashboards, and reporting
- Drive continuous performance improvement within assigned partners, through digital adoption, process improvement, and ongoing enablement as a trusted advisor
- Own sourcing, vetting, and onboarding of new freight forwarding and customs partners where needed
- Sell the Flexport brand to create excitement and willing exclusivity
- Contribute to the development and implementation of next gen partner technology including localization requirements for assigned markets
- Ensure partners operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with 8+ years of experience in logistics and supply chain, including 2+ years in freight forwarding
- Strong understanding of end-to-end forwarding operations in ocean and air
- Prior experience in working with forwarding partner network
- Strong ability to build relationships with partners across EMEA
- Excellent communication, influencing, and negotiation skills, able to connect within partner organizations at multiple levels;
- World class follow through & execution skills
- Proven ability to build strong team, lead and direct the work of others
- Ability to travel across EMEA
- A strong performance record of living our values
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.