Build the most complete and advanced visibility service to power global trade
Our Visibility platform delivers the universal visibility of cargo with the ease of a Google search through more than 250 integrations with carriers, terminals, and other third parties. Be a part of the team helping to expand and deliver this service to help grow Flexport to be not only the top freight forwarder, but deliver a true global operating system for trade.
- Reporting to the Director of Visibility, you will solve a fundamental customer need in a complex, fragmented domain, answering the question, “where’s my stuff?”
- Coordinate and prioritize the roadmap between Engineering, Operations, and Customer needs.
- Leverage your domain knowledge of freight forwarding and global logistics to define, refine, test, deploy and support the visibility services that we deliver to our external and internal customers.
- Collaborate and engage both with your internal peers and the larger logistics community to deepen your domain knowledge and help evangelize our service.
- Dive deep into the technology, data, and partners that drive our visibility offering.
You should have:
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent. CS or EE is a plus.
- At least three years of high tech product management experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, know how to set KPI’s, and can methodically ship product.
- A strong sense of ownership - you can work independently and lead a product development team with many cross-team dependencies and impacts.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity - given an open-ended task, you deliver great work!
- Crystal clear communication skills and can make sure everybody is on the same page
- A passion for design and building simple, usable features
- The ability to cut through complexity, with a near hacker-like mentality.
Flexport believes global trade can move the human race forward. Our mission is to make global trade easier for everyone. To achieve this, we’re building the “Operating System for Global trade” — a combination of modern, internet era technology & data analytics; logistics infrastructure; and supply chain expertise.
Flexport connects ~10k clients and suppliers across >100 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Founded in 2013, we've raised >$1.3B from SoftBank, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and YC. We’re excited to start seriously scaling up after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank’s Vision Fund early this year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.