Develop & Administer Programs To Help Flexport Grow
We're looking for a driven Sr. Credit Analyst to help support our credit and collection programs for the broader organization. Working with global businesses you’ll get the opportunity to interact with a diverse array of clients and be challenged to set strategy where information may be opaque.
If you’re motivated by solving complex problems and implementing solutions - keep reading!
- Handle all incoming credit terms requests and decisioning, serving as the main liaison between different cross-functional groups across the organization (Sales, Operations, Credit, Finance, Legal).
- Identify potential default risks and outline the proper course of action. This includes monitoring high risk credits, assisting in payment negotiations, and managing the end-to-end collections process alongside the Sr. Credit Manager.
- Assist the credit team in building out an ongoing credit monitoring process, which will include integrating third party data sources/APIs/tools.
- Help the credit team in improving and documenting our internal policies.
- Work with Sr. Credit Manager to create new risk models leveraging Flexport’s unique datasets.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Finance/Accounting preferred).
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in credit and collections administration.
- Experience working with Business Credit Bureaus (e.g. D&B, Experian, CreditSafe, etc.) and an understanding of how they assess creditworthiness.
- Deep understanding of financial accounting principles as they apply to commercial credit (ability to analyze financial statements - balance sheets, income statements - is a must).
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both internally and externally. The ability to manage many different stakeholders and varying timelines.
- Highly proactive with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite & SQL.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.