We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We’re looking for a Senior Accounting Manager who has an in-depth knowledge of technical and operational accounting. This is a crucial role that will oversee accounting and reporting of cost of sales in a fast paced, pre-IPO environment. You should expect to leverage current skill sets while also focusing on learning quickly and adding value to the processes.
- Oversee Flexport's cost of sales accounting including the month-end close process, reconciliations, and reporting
- Develop and prepare analysis of cost of sales, performance trends, and variance explanations for C-level feedback
- Research accounting guidance and prepare technical memos to document Company's position on non-standard transactions
- Provide education to the business on the accounting impact of non-standard contracts
- Coach and mentor your team to support their growth / professional development
- Build and maintain relationships with our external auditors and key business contacts including Biz Ops, FP&A, Legal, Operations, and Sales
- Partner with the Product and Engineering teams on product enhancements and drive forward on process automation
You should have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 6+ years of accounting experience, ideally with experience at both public companies and Big 4 accounting firms
- Experience managing and reviewing high volume at scale
- A proven ability to develop and inspire a team by empowering decision-making at lower levels
- Experience identifying and driving improvements to processes by engaging with different functions throughout the company
- A systems mindset
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.