Creating insights to revolutionize an industry
Fast, accurate insights are integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. At Flexport you’ll help by leading and growing a strong group of technical data analysts that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to improve an industry by analyzing the new operating system for global trade.
What you’ll do
- Set and own analytics priorities for Marketing and Growth Initiatives.
- Work with Sales and Marketing leadership to discover actionable insights. Translate questions from the business into projects that will inform the business and facilitate informed decision making.
- Create scalable enablement programs and self-service tools to empower everyone at Flexport to use data to improve our business
- Contribute and grow the culture of excellence on our team by bringing processes and best practices to our group
- Collaborate with technical leadership to elevate our brand, recruit top analytic talent, and build a world class team
- Uplevel the members of the Analytics team by enabling their success in their roles and help them grow in their careers
What you’ll need
- 2+ year(s) of experience managing or leading an analytics group focused on Marketing, Sales, and go-to-market analytics
- 4+ years as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Business Analyst or similar role using SQL and/or Python/R;
- Exceptional SQL fluency with applied exposure to data modeling; fluency with a scripting language like Python or R encouraged.
- Best-in-class communication skills and empathy to understand and discover business pain points and build solutions to improve the user experience at all levels of the global trade process.
What you’ll get
- Experience at a fast-growing company that lives and breathes data;
- The opportunity to define data culture
- Analytic ownership – discover the highest value-add projects and see them through from ideation to impact.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.