Help grow Flexport's Ocean Team.
Our Ocean Freight Operations Team, (US Exports) is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, and building out the future of Flexport’s export services. As an Ocean Freight Operations Associate, you’ll be an integral part of helping achieve Flexport’s growth goals.
As our Ocean Freight Operations Associate, you’ll join a small and mighty team, working alongside our squads and directly with ocean carriers in innovative and meaningful ways to ensure we are providing exceptional service to our clients. We’re growing fast and sometimes that means we’re juggling multiple projects so we’re flexible and are great at prioritization!
- Execute booking and documentation processes with ocean carriers
- Work intimately with Flexport squads and Flexport software to ensure an effective and compliant end to end USA export process
- Inform the business process and software capabilities needed to exceed expectations for the carrier operations team and Flexport squads
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement program to improve quality, service, efficiency and regulatory compliance
- Collaborate with the Flexport product team to test and build software that will differentiate Flexport operations from the industry
- Live and act with integrity guided by Flexport values while sustaining a high bar for operational quality and service
You should have:
- BA/BS degree or relevant work experience with a strong track record of success
- 0-3 years of experience at a startup, top consulting, or logistics company
- A desire to deliver exceptional service to our squads and to our carriers
- A willingness to blend industry best practice with the Flexport operations philosophy
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken?
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.