At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2020. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive partner and problem-solver for our clients, both consignees and shippers, working to improve their supply chains by leveraging Flexport's unique and adaptable solutions.
The Client Solutions Associate will help their clients grow and realize the Flexport value by deeply understanding the client’s supply chain and partnering to find solutions for their clients. Our clients depend on us to manage their experience with high degrees of professionalism and attention to detail. Here are the responsibilities for this role:
SCOPE OF DUTIES
- You will understand and document the client’s success criteria and use it to build clear standard operating procedures (SOP). As the client’s needs evolve, you will refine the client’s success criteria and SOP.
- You will respond to client escalations, partnering with Supply Chain Operations to solve client issues quickly and ensure smooth operations at origin and destination. You will handle client issues that require advanced industry knowledge.
- You will ensure shipment metrics consistently meet client expectations.
- You will drive product adoption with client stakeholders to ensure that clients realize the full value with Flexport.
- You will collaborate with your supply chain operations partners and external stakeholders to ensure the success of the shipment lifecycle.
- You will drive the shipment lifecycle during the initial trial and launch of new trade lanes to develop and refine standard operating procedures.
- You will assist the shipments managed by partners as we drive partner autonomy.
- You will partner with the Account Executive and Client Solutions Manager during client onboarding to translate the client strategy into a clear standard operating procedure that informs your Supply Chain Operations partners and ensures successful client outcomes.
- You will lead the initial shipment execution for new clients and new business opportunities to ensure that Flexport can consistently deliver the promised solution.
- You will proactively identify, propose, quote, and close new business opportunities to deepen the client relationship.
- You will provide feedback to Supply Chain Operations on how the client’s needs are met, and will serve as a critical input for their continuous improvement loop.
What you will need
- 1-3 years of experience in supply chain operations, sales or account management roles, or equivalent relevant internal experience
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (preferred)
- High fluency in English and Mandarin is preferred, another language is a plus
- Client-centric: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the client’s expectations
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and learn how Flexport can best meet them
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics and details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- Strong business acumen
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs and help Flexport deliver on its mission and unlock the potential in our team members.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.