Help us run and improve our Finance in Asia.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
As a result of our global expansion, we’re looking to hire an Asia Accounting Analyst for Flexport Asia to join our growing Asia Team. You will be part of Flexport’s Global Finance and Accounting Team which collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, partners, and all internal departments. We need someone able to create strong processes and provide coverage in all time zones to keep up with our rapid international growth!
What you'll do:
- Local account maintenance including maintaining a set of accounts and applying the Chinese Accounting Standards
- Support day to day operations, including journal entry posting and documents filing
- Assisting with monthly VAT filing, quarterly corporation income tax filing and annual corporation income tax filing
- Maintain accounting records to ensure compliance with local accounting standards and internal company policies and procedures
- Support Annual Audit
- Backup for other team members and handle ad hoc affairs
What you'll need:
- Bachelor/Diploma degree or above in Finance, Accounting, Taxation
- 2-4 years of relevant China tax experience is highly preferred
- Accounting work experience in freight forwarding industry is highly preferred
- Knowledge and experience of Yonsuite/yonyou software is an advantage
- Good computer skills, Proficiency in MS office applications, with advanced Excel skills
- Mandarin and English language skills for business purposes
- With team Spirit and high sense of responsibility, being able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Well-organized, highly- accurate, self-motivated
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program set every new Flexport employee up for success.