Our Trade & Financial Services (TFS)’ Business Operations (BizOps) Team supports and collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, partners and all TFS departments. The team transacts around the world with on-the-ground operations teams in San Francisco, New York, China, Hong Kong, London and Amsterdam. With thousands of shipments in motion over the globe, we need highly-motivated team members to help us continue scaling our key reporting processes and driving data driven decisions throughout the company.
As part of our growing TFS BizOps team, you will drive significant deliverables focused on growth and profitability alongside pertinent operation teams. You’ll collaborate with major stakeholders across departments to help our leadership gain key insights and help structure the execution required to bring these insights to fruition. As a strategic and analytical member of the TFS BizOps team, you have a passion for continuous improvement and can execute seamlessly within the context of a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Identify, size, and recommend new business opportunities and strategic partnerships
- Develop complex analyses to root cause profitability/loss drivers and provide go-forward recommendations to leadership teams
- Partner with adjacent teams to successfully implement projects and/or processes that result in company-wide value and present findings to executive team
- Develop a holistic understanding of Flexport’s business, and the broader logistics industry, to apply this multidisciplinary thinking to identify and implement operational changes
- Drive cross-functional buy-in for changes recommended across a variety of stakeholders which requires challenging the status quo
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Operations, Supply, Finance, Product, Engineering teams throughout the organization to execute on strategic projects
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience in business operations, finance, analytics, operations, consulting, or advisory role
- Highly self-motivated, low ego, growth mindset, high emotional intelligence (EQ), innately curious, resourceful, and always ready to roll up your sleeves to solve the tough problems
- Process oriented with a high capacity to lead people and get stuff done with low friction
- Undergraduate degree in quantitative discipline (e.g. finance, economics, engineering, etc)
- Strong strategic and analytical ability within the context of business decisions.
- Advanced excel data modeling skills and expertise in data manipulation tools including SQL (preferred), SAS, Stata, R; candidate will have to acquire SQL skills before role start on their own if experience is in other data languages
- Detail oriented with a focus on high quality of work
- Self starter with high level of autonomy and integrity in your work
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and capable of quickly shifting priorities given business requirements
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.