Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire a Program Manager to join our growing Global Partners Team. This role will define and implement the global (certification) standard of Flexport Network Partners. You’ll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Together with a global cross-functional team, define global (certification) standards Flexport Network Partners need to adhere to, in particular security, compliance, legal, and risk management requirements
- In close collaboration with global Demand organization as well as Security, Compliance, Finance and Legal teams discover & document client expectations Network Partners should meet to unlock further growth
- Identify key risks associated with operating freight forwarding and customs partnerships, and (additional) controls to control and/or mitigate these risks (via technology, operations, insurance, contractual means or otherwise)
- Translate client requirements in an ambitious yet realistic set of standards, and implement those requirements in partnership with regional partner managers
- Test and iterate standards with Network Partners globally to ensure global consistency and applicability
- Define processes to document and audit certification requirements with Security, Compliance, Finance and Legal teams
- Contribute to marketing and sales enablement materials, support in RFPs and bids, to enable sales force to confidently address client concerns on security, risk, compliance
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree with 8+ years of experience; MBA preferred
- Ability to translate strategic vision and input from a multitude of clients and (functional) stakeholders in concrete and practical requirements
- You are not afraid to deal with technical topics like supply chain security, trade compliance, contracts, or insurance - though you don’t need to be an expert
- Proven track record of building new initiatives from scratch; esp. In a cross-functional setting - you get your hands dirty and get stuff done
- World class follow-through skills to drive execution across cross-functional stakeholders within & outside Flexport
- Understanding of the day to day challenges of global trade, and expectations of global clients
- Knowledge of logistics of high tech goods and other high value commodities preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English; Mandarin is a plus
- A system and process oriented mindset, ability to think end-to-end
- Solutions mindset. Find a way to get things done despite obstacles
- Stakeholder management. Ability to influence stakeholders across the business to align and achieve common goals.
- A strong performance record of living our values
- Ability to travel locally, nationally and internationally
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.