Supply Chain Operations Associate
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Supply Chain Operations Associate
The role of the SCOps Associate is a critical part of making Flexport’s mission to make global trade easy for everyone a reality. In this role, your direct customers are the partners within your region: our account management and customs teams, subcontractors, carriers, terminals and trucking providers. Your work directly supports Flexport’s end customers in achieving their logistics goals. Most importantly, you will play a pivotal role in building the next operational model at Flexport: allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission of making global trade easier for everyone.
As the resident expert on the intricate world of the logistics industry, you will take on a player-coach role in the mentoring and development of your team, leading them to uphold performance standards and guiding them to solve complex issues for clients and vendors. You will drive your team to build and implement scalable processes and tools, in alignment with your global counterparts and internal stakeholders. As the person who mentors the team managing movement in your region, you have the unique opportunity to work with your regional account team to improve and grow our customers’ business.
As a supply chain operator, you are an expert in executing the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including Ocean imports and exports.
- You will be responsible for supervising, coaching and monitoring the performance of a 3-6 person team in executing the end-to-end movement of ocean freight shipments within a regional network (both imports and exports), including intermodal movements.
- You will use metrics to guide your regional team to improve and deliver great performance, including data quality and shipment milestone timeliness. You will oversee that your team is meeting internal KPIs and SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery.
- You will personally represent Flexport’s value proposition by leading business implementation and shipment execution for new clients and opportunities.
- You will oversee the “front line” in ensuring the highest standard of Flexport quality: shipments move “on-time” and exceptions are handled appropriately.
- You will build scalable operational infrastructure and procedures to ensure they are delivering the highest levels of efficiency and productivity for your customers. If they are not, you will look for opportunities to improve them.
- In Ocean teams you will:
- Serve as the day-to-day relationship manager for internal and external partners such as ocean, intermodal and drayage vendors, the Customs team and the Network Operations team. You will oversee day-to-day operations with these partners and act as the primary point of contact for internal and external escalations.
- You will analyze data to rate vendor (e.g. carrier, trucker) performance and inform performance management initiatives.
- You will help design, build and implement operational infrastructure and procedures in the day-to-day workflow, while constantly identifying and executing on opportunities to realize optimal efficiency and productivity.
- You will empower Account Management by leading feedback loops to ensure client needs are met.
- You will use metrics to spot opportunities to improve and deliver great performance in your team, including data quality and shipment milestone timeliness.
- You will act as a consultant to your regional team, product & engineering and the operations excellence team on ocean supply chain operations.
Scope of Duties:
- Point of contact with Shippers
- Ready-to-ship gatekeeper; Ensure Core as one source of truth with most up-to-date paperwork and data provided by shipper, following DG, air compliance & export control policy
- Shipment life-line creator; Create schedule for all shipments, setting expectation to all stakeholders and define when to report exceptions/discrepancy
- Shipment life-line executioner/monitor; Follow up on shipment status as per plan and report actual milestone; Handover & takeover control amongst OCCs when shipment
- Fire-fighter; Report any exceptions and activate recovery plan to salvage service commitment if needed
- Neurons of the Global Network; 1st escalation point of all operations incident, coordinate and adjust operation plan in case of incident reported from overseas. (likelihood 24x7x365 operations)
- Bridging Supply and Demand; track demand volume projection and cooperate with procurement team
- Network traffic controller; Decide cargo uplift priority without compromising end-to-end transit time commitment and with optimized cost-to-serve in mind
What you will need:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain or ocean carrier operation
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur