Design & build solutions to help Flexport scale
Flexport is looking for a highly motivated and hands-on Enterprise Architect to join the Business Technology team. This role will be responsible for building scalable and secure system integrations and establishing enterprise architecture standards. This individual will have a deep understanding of corporate IT infrastructure, SaaS applications, security, and architectural patterns to drive business and IT objectives in a dynamic, high growth environment.
- Design, build and maintain enterprise-wide system integrations to provide scalable solutions for diverse, complex business problems.
- Establish an effective enterprise architecture governance process to enable agility and speed of delivery while ensuring adherence to architecture and security tenets.
- Drive success of MuleSoft Anypoint Platform implementations and ensure technical quality, governance, and operationalization of the integration solutions.
- Promote and evangelize shared application services to encourage reuse, reduce costs and improve information flows.
- Define and maintain current and future state system and application architectures, frameworks and roadmaps.
- Work cross functionally with technical teams including IT, Finance Systems, HR Systems, Product, Engineering, Data Science/Analytics, and business stakeholders across the go-to-market teams.
- Educate business stakeholders on upstream and downstream impacts of proposed operational changes.
- Leverage strong communication skills to convey strategic ideas clearly and concisely with peers and executive leadership to obtain buy-in on system improvements and operational processes.
You should have:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in either software, system or enterprise architecture disciplines.
- 5+ years of developing and supporting enterprise system integrations using RESTful APIs and standard data formats (JSON, XML, SOAP).
- Expertise in ERP (NetSuite) integrations. Bonus for exposure to multiple enterprise technologies including CRM (Salesforce), HRIS (Workday), and BI (Looker).
- Deep expertise in multiple enterprise technologies including CRM (Salesforce), ERP (NetSuite), HRIS (Workday), and BI (Looker).
- Strong business and technical acumen with understanding of Enterprise Integration Design Patterns, Master Data Management and Data Governance implementations.
- Experience facilitating application integration architecture discussions/workshops and breaking down customer/user experiences from functional requirements into technical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in aligning stakeholders, building consensus, and driving change at scale.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.