Staff Data Analyst
Create economics insights to help make global trade easy!
Flexport generates a vast amount of information on global trade. Using that data with public sources of information, you will work with the economics team to provide unique insight through the publication of indicators, research and analysis.
You will work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and creating novel insight on global trade.
- Flexport is a company that runs on data - you’ll be transforming data into action by working cross-functionally with stakeholders across Flexport
- Serve as the economics team primary liaison to the analytics department: use your quantitative mindset to direct the implementation of solutions informed through everything ranging from data quality investigations and adjustments to data structures to overall data program management
- Design data repositories on internal and external data to enable the team to provide novel insight on global trade
- Influence the roadmap for both the economics team and the data analytics department
- Contribute and grow the culture of excellence on our team by bringing processes and best practices to our group
You should have:
- Proven experience managing cross-functional projects with multiple contributors
- 6-8+ years of experience in a Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Business Analyst or similar role using SQL and/or Python/R
- Experience as a “data generalist” is highly preferred. The best candidates have some experience with data visualization; analytics/data engineering and data modeling; and statistical modeling and other quantitative analytical methods
- Next-level communication skills and empathy to understand and discover business pain points and build solutions to improve the user experience at all levels of the global trade process.
- SQL fluency with experience using a scripting language like Python or R. Strong Excel fundamentals a plus
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote