Client Solutions Manager
Client Solutions Manager!
Help Flexport fix the user experience in global trade!
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2022. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global Trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive business partner to our clients and suppliers, designing and implementing the unique supply chain solutions that will propel our clients’ businesses forward. As a member of the Global Client Solutions Team, your mission will be to proactively grow our client relationships by building and implementing solutions to their critical supply chain challenges.
The Client Solutions Manager will manage a book of business where they will own the long-term client relationship, improving and growing the client’s business by identifying and implementing new and enduring global trade solutions to drive the client’s business forward. Here are some of the responsibilities for this role:
- You will use your advanced knowledge of the client’s business goals, the industry, and Flexport’s services and solutions to proactively close and deliver new solutions that empower the client and deepen the client relationship.
- You will serve as the client’s trusted advisor, advocating for their needs with internal stakeholders and finding win-win solutions for the client and for Flexport.
- You will use regular client touchpoints and business reviews to help clients understand the value they are realizing and to capitalize on new opportunities to deepen the relationship.
- You will work cross-functionally across Supply Chain Operations, Procurement, Account Solutions, Implementation, Industry SMEs, and Trade and Financial Services teams to develop and execute on the client strategy in a deliberate way that maximizes the client’s outcomes.
- You will stay up-to-date on the latest industry and supply chain developments, so that you can proactively educate and support your clients through change.
- You will proactively monitor the client’s health to identify opportunities to improve client outcomes and ensure that Flexport meets its business objectives.
- With the support of Client Solutions Associates, you will help the client improve operational processes and streamline its supply chain.
- You will ensure high product adoption by mastering the Flexport platform and teaching your clients how to get the most out of their Flexport experience.
- You will have constant opportunities to learn by attending and participating in account management meetings, training seminars, and workshops.
The Client Solutions Manager will have the unique opportunity to manage and mentor Client Solutions Associates, as they ensure that Flexport consistently delivers value and as they identify new opportunities to improve client outcomes and deepen the client relationship.
- You will be accountable for the growth and performance of Client Solutions Associates
- You will provide coaching on navigating difficult client conversations and collaborating with internal stakeholders.
- You will help Client Solutions Associates identify new business opportunities through a deep understanding of the client’s supply chain, business metrics, and the Flexport solutions.
- You will teach them the fundamental skills of account management.
- You will provide constructive feedback during the company’s performance cycle.
- You will make recommendations related to career growth opportunities.
You should have:
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain operations, sales or account management roles
- Hands-on, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- A strong leadership background with 2+ years of people management experience
- Strong business acumen
- Bonus points for product development understanding
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs and help Flexport deliver on its mission and unlock the potential in our team members.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- User Experience
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote