Product Specialist, Forwarding Platform
We’re looking for an organized, motivated and detail-oriented person to join the Product Operations team as an embedded specialist in the Forwarding Platform product group. The Forwarding Platform product team builds products focused around the Shipment Details page that enable Flexport and its Partners to deliver clients a high quality experience, while efficiently managing freight forwarding activities at scale. These products include the Route Editor, Involved Parties, HBL generation and more.
In this role, you will help bridge the gap between our users and our technical teams, making sure that inbound requests are investigated, properly prioritized and resolved by the team. In addition, you’ll work closely with members of the product, design, data and eng teams to support the focus area’s work. You’ll own a variety of activities, from running beta programs and communicating product launches, to supporting user research and helping to improve our internal processes and support documentation. This is a great role for someone who wants to learn more about the product development process, improve their communication and stakeholder management skills, and play a key role in crafting the Freight Forwarding roadmap.
- Work within your embedded core team composed of product managers, designers, researchers, and engineers
- Interact directly with users to understand their needs and drive iteration in the product development process
- Build global relationships with users and business partners to foster trust, transparency, and empathy
- Monitor and triage inbound inquiries, bugs and feature requests; review, investigate, write engineering tickets and help determine priorities for the team
- Work with other product specialists to identify and report ticket trends and iterate upon related processes
- Support design and product teams as they conduct research, product analysis and deep dives into user metrics
- Collaborate with teams like operational excellence, enablement, change agents, and operations to ensure smooth product launches
- Create new feature and process documentation
- Run beta programs and drive new feature adoption
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree, CS or EE major preferred
- An interest in the product development lifecycle, product analytics, UI/UX design, user research, internal processes, systems and documentation
- Familiarity with Core customer-facing products and experience with moving shipments end-to-end and/ or finance operations
- Precise and effective verbal and written communication skills, with a bias toward proactive communication
- Outstanding organization and time-management skills paired with a reputation for getting things done
- A great attitude and a desire to be hands-on
- A drive to empower yourself and your teammates
- A demonstrated aptitude for analytical thinking
- Bonus points for experience working with financial systems
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- User Experience
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote