Global Investigations Manager
FLEXPORT GLOBAL INVESTIGATIONS MANAGER
Flexport is a fast paced, growing environment where you will be motivated to add to your current skill set and accomplishments, as well as provide recommendations and suggestions based on your expertise in the security field, This role will report to the Head of Global Asset Protection.
The Flexport Global Investigations Manager will focus on developing our global investigations strategy and will be a key member of our global team. The role will be responsible for outlining our overall investigations process from reporting through resolution. Through the utilization of an investigations management tool, this position will also be responsible for the reporting of metrics associated with all investigations to better identify risks in the supply chain and vulnerabilities with Flexport’s global partner network.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing program guidance and management within the Global Asset Protection (GAP) team focusing on all facets of global investigations. These investigations will include; theft, loss, pilferage, hijacking, and any other infiltration into the integrity of the supply chain. This position will define and implement a global investigations strategy that will be inline with all facets of supply chain operations. You will partner with seasoned security and investigation professionals across multiple disciplines and leverage multiple resources including OSINT to develop and deliver innovative investigative solutions in a close, team-oriented, inclusive, and diverse environment to support Flexport’s mission globally. Ultimately, the role will produce key metrics through link analysis that will assist in protecting the overall risk to Flexport and our clients and become a viable business partner to the organization.
- Lead the implementation of a global Investigation SOP and set the standards across all geographies. Outline investigative process.
- Creates and delivers assessments and recommendations to global business leaders and Flexport clients on emerging risks, threats, and trends. Organizes necessary quantitative and qualitative data to support a comprehensive decision-making process.
- Develop internal data sources and partnerships to fulfill investigation requirements utilizing an investigation management resource. Works with the GAP team and other internal resources (operations) to develop and implement strategies to build effective relationships with trusted partners and organizations by identification of risks due to theft and loss.
- Lead and conducts all key investigations within Flexport with the support of regional GAP leaders. Act as the first point of contact for all investigations, conduct initial triage of the case and determine path forward to see through fruition. Evaluate case findings and work with the internal operations team to determine overall risk to Flexport and suggest alternative solutions.
- Liaison with state, local, federal and military law enforcement when applicable. Develop a network of investigative resources with the supply chain industry.
You should have:
- Law enforcement or very strong corporate investigative experience
- Freight forwarding or supply chain industry experience
- Broad understanding of the security and protective industry
- 5+ years of documented high level investigative background with a proven record of accomplishment of driving business outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to connect the dots organizationally, network effortlessly, influence various roles and profiles to drive collaboration and program excellence
- Working knowledge/experience of high level investigations strategies, risk and security mitigations
- Previous experience leading complex investigations with the ability to multitask and prioritize based on overall organizational risk. Conduct investigations with a strong business acumen and set a strategy that puts the business interest paramount.
- Curiosity, willingness to learn, and technical acumen are essential qualities for success.
- Knowledge of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) gathering.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with executive teams and public and private sector partners as part of Global Asset Protection’s overall strategic plan. This position has regular contact with all levels within Flexport, managers, employees, local and federal law enforcement agencies, and Flexport Partners.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse