Manager, People Communications
Manager, People Communications
We’re reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—used Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in more volatility -- as today. Through a robust thought leadership program we’ve put Flexport in front of decision makers and influencers as well as mainstream America via features in Forbes, Fast Company, Mad Money, New York Times, and the All In Podcast to name a few.
Now it’s time to deepen that story with a better understanding of how Flexport will change the game. We’re seeking a Manager of People Communications to step into a new role for the company: Change management and People communications lead.
Imagine being at the epicenter of global trade and logistics, with the opportunity to influence the evolution of one of the industry’s fastest-growing tech companies. Flexport has experienced unparalleled growth over the past nine years and has even more ambitious plans for the future.
This person thrives when presented with a complex people, process, policy, or programmatic change that will impact employees. This person can see around corners, build multi-stage project plans to attack a challenge, and can inspire followership along the way. This person also excels at distilling complicated HR topics into easy to digest messages for Flexporters, and is passionate about the people and talent space.
You will report directly to the Head of Internal Communications on the Flexport Brand Team, and you will work with the People (HR) leadership team as your primary partner.
- Lead change management communications for the company, preempting the internal communications needs that occur around organizational changes (big and small) and confidently advise leaders on them.
- Serve as the internal communications lead and strategic counselor for the People team and its leadership, integrating People (HR) comms seamlessly into wider internal communications channels and content.
- Create and deliver an integrated People (HR) internal communications plan in collaboration with the People (HR) leadership team - including recruitment, compensation, benefits, performance reviews, promotions, learning and development.
- Partner with our Recruiting and Employment Branding teams to help attract the world’s top talent.
- Drive alignment on HR issues – and deviation where necessary – across regional internal communication teams around the world.
- Be well-versed in and constantly educate yourself on news trends in the people / HR space.
You should have:
- Minimum 5 years' of relevant experience in internal communications, employee engagement and/or change management (ideally previous experience with People Operations / Human Resource work and/or communications)
- Experience advising executives and business leaders
- Experience leading large, cross-functional change efforts across an organization
- Excellent project management skills
- A BS/BA degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Experience in a high-growth tech or start-up environment is a plus
- Great writing and presentation skills in English
- Ability to prioritize for a global team and be sensitive to cultural differences and preferences
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating with global teams
- No objection to rolling up your sleeves. You’ll be part of a small but mighty Communications team and no task can be too big or too small
- An ability to pivot. This is a new role for Flexport!
- A passion for changing the world through global trade
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur