Site Reliability Engineer - Observability
Site Reliability Engineer - Observability (Bellevue / Chicago / SF)
Enable Flexport to become the most trusted company in global trade.
Flexport is looking for observability-minded Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. We support our development teams by creating safe support structures for them to build from. Some of those support structures are software systems, but the most important structure that we’re building is a culture of reliability. We have opinions about how to build and deploy reliable software, and we aren’t afraid to share them.
As an Observability SRE, you’ll join a team of experts entrusted with defining and defending the observability standards that help our dev teams understand how their software works in practice.
- Develop, implement, own, and advance telemetry capabilities used throughout Flexport’s Technology organization as well as the infrastructure and services that collect, process, and store the data.
- Advise engineering teams on observability topics throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Evangelize Flexport observability capabilities across the organization, provide training, documentation, and enhancements to existing capabilities.
- Support the resolution of action items identified during incident response retrospectives related to observability deficiencies.
You should have:
- 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced global environment doing Site Reliability Engineering, Software Engineering, or Systems Engineering.
- Production-level experience deploying and maintaining commercial or open-source monitoring tools.
- Production-level experience with AWS and container-based infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse