Staff Software Engineer, Frontend Infrastructure
Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Flexport is building the first modern logistics platform to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
The frontend infrastructure team provides product teams with the tools and capabilities to efficiently build great user experiences. Our work impacts every product team at Flexport. We shape the architecture of the frontend across the company. We make platform-wide changes and upgrade the entire codebase along the way.
Some of the things we do:
- Manage a federated GraphQL gateway service
- Make it easy to create new frontend applications at Flexport
- Own front end best practices and enforce them with static analysis and ESlint rules
- Provide teams with visibility into their test coverage and frontend performance
- Lead projects to evolve our frontend infrastructure and architecture (GraphQL federation, Next.js, frontend platform services)
- Enhance our backend for frontend systems
- Implement tooling and drive initiatives to ensure best practices across teams as well as maximize developer productivity and developer experience
You should have:
- Experience designing and leading architectural projects
- Strength in cross-functional collaboration with design, product, and business
- 8+ years of engineering experience
What you’ve worked with ideally:
- Frontend test frameworks
- Web performance (time-to-interactive, dependencies, wasted renders)
- Frontend build/deployment process (Webpack, Babel)
Engineering Culture and Values
Check out our Engineering blog.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur