Solutions Consultant- Supply
Build the solutions to help Flexport grow
The Ecosystem team’s mission is to make information exchange in global trade easy for everyone by efficiently, securely and reliably connecting the Flexport Platform with the external Global Trade Ecosystem.
We are looking for a talented Solutions Consultant to join our team! In this role you will bridge the gap between Operations and Engineers to ensure the successful design, development, testing, deployment, ongoing utilization of integrations with our suppliers and vendors.
Integrating our best in class platform seamlessly with our logistics partners is a critical component of our strategy. Our integrated solutions bring end to end automation in the information exchange that is required between us and our partners, eliminating slow and error prone manual workflows. This requires the Flexport platform to be fully integrated with those of Air Carriers, Ocean Carriers, Rail carriers, Trucking partners, Warehouse operators and other logistics partners and global trade data providers. The success of our team is measured by the extent to which information exchange between Flexport and our logistics partners is reliably and effectively automated, reducing cost to serve for our operations teams.
- Proactively manage systems integration projects from inception through build and deployment
- Partner with internal operations, business and technical teams to drive successful implementation and use of integrated solutions
- Participate in functional requirements gathering and document project requirements and operational impact deliverables for complex integration projects
- Ensure your projects are on track, status is communicated to the appropriate parties and project deployment is successful
- Lead conference calls with internal operations and external parties to gather requirements, plan integrated testing and deployment
- Work closely with Solutions Engineers to facilitate comprehensive testing across various functional scenarios
- Facilitate Systems Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing across end-users to receive approval prior to go-live
- Create documentation for end users, technology and support teams that provides business overview and dataflow for new integrations
- Assist in diagnosis of integration issues in production and aggregate feedback to recommend improvements
- Share insights and lessons learned about the integrations you complete with your Flexport Ecosystem peers to continuously improve our processes and efficiency
You should have:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with a persistent, proactive, results-oriented mindset
- Ability to effectively drive integrations between Flexport and our vendors through to successful completion
- Work well with cross-functional teams and provide project leadership
- Initiative and positive attitude with a desire to learn and seek answers independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or relevant work experience
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with file formats including CSV, XML or JSON
- Experience with EDI ANSI X12 and EDIFACT standards for logistics industry
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with data analytics, data manipulation and systems integration
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur