Head of Global Site Reliability Engineering
Enable Flexport to become the most trusted company in global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for a Head of Global Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) to lead and grow our global teams. Our SRE teams today support Flexport’s internal- and customer-facing infrastructure and services. As the Head of Global SRE, you will lead our infrastructure, product, and tooling teams.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Engineering, Architecture, and Security teams to establish a holistic strategy for operational resilience..
- Define and drive Flexport’s SRE vision through the creation of a global charter, roadmap, OKRs, priorities, and key performance indicators.
- Drive ownership for production systems, enable faster decision making and transparent observability into system health.
- Enable service reliability through the development of tooling that enables metric visibility using SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs.
- Advocate for and drive the implementation of reliable design patterns.
- Promote simplicity in solving complex problems across our technology footprint.
- Lead and focus teams on root cause analysis, pattern identification and continuous improvement in order to optimize application performance, resilience and reliability.
- Mentor and coach managers and individual contributors across our SRE teams in the US, APAC, and EU.
You should have:
- At least 15 years of progressive technology experience in infrastructure, service management, and software development.
- Experience as a leader building diverse teams and managing other managers.
- Experience setting strategic vision for an enterprise wide practice or capability, communicating and selling the vision to leadership, stakeholders and the team.
- Proven track record of improving reliability, availability, incident management and performance of cloud services.
- Experience defining, measuring, and improving reliability metrics (SLO/SLI), observability, operational processes (Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management), and toil reduction through automation.
- Deep understanding of Continuous Delivery and Deployment frameworks including configuration management, and DevSecOps / CICD tooling.
- Exemplary leadership and communication abilities (both verbal and written) are a must; this role will partner closely with business and technology executives in a highly matrixed structure.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions zand people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur