Engineering Manager, Account Management
Build the first modern logistics platform
Flexport is a platform for global trade in an industry that comprises 12% of the global GDP. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest-growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Our Account Management engineering team helps improve the reliability of our services and maximize customer value by building tools for our client solutions team to analyze, automate and configure clients’ shipment operations. We provide the levers that are most important for clients to control their supply chains, helping broaden Flexport’s target customer base while maintaining highly-efficient internal processes. This capability to automate based on client preferences is key to becoming the largest provider of trade services in the world.
- Manage a software engineering team of 6-10 engineers.
- Collaborate with other engineering and cross-functional leaders to define the technical roadmap for the team.
- Provide guidance to the Forwarding Application product team (including paired Account Management Product Manager) and influence product roadmaps.
- Coach team members and invest in their career growth and success.
- Build and deliver a highly efficient system to increase operational capacity.
You should have:
- At least 2 years of experience managing engineering teams of 5 or more.
- 7+ years of professional experience in a software development role.
- Demonstrated drive to constantly learn new technologies; have knowledge of the broad technical landscape in enterprise software systems and cloud technologies (e.g. AWS).
- Ability to understand end-user needs and build a technical vision that maximizes long-term business impact with a product-first approach.
- Ability to coordinate internal technical work with outside partnership/external deadlines
- Advanced analytical problem-solving talent.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment & a bias for action. You ship quality code quickly.
- Tech Skills: AWS, AWS RDS, AWS Kinesis, Java, Ruby on Rails, Buildkite, Github, React, GraphQL/Relay, Jest, Postgres, and Redis.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统