Senior Analytics Engineer
Data Science & Analytics
Bellevue, San Francisco
Senior Analytics Engineer
Flexport is looking for a creative, technically minded Senior Analytics Engineer to solve some of the most challenging data problems in global trade. Data is the heart of our business. You will be part of a team responsible for providing the most up to date information and insights about global supply chains, transportation, and logistics. The abstractions created by this team represent the digital state of the world and will be used to understand the business, operational workflows, and feed predictive machine learning models.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer, you will work in complex data ecosystems. You will partner with Software Engineering teams to develop scalable and innovative data solutions which will power Data Analytics, Product Analytics and Data Science teams. The work of Analytics Engineers supports internal analytics as well as directly supporting customer-facing products and experiences. We are passionate about providing effortlessly accessible intelligence and actionable insights to our end users.
We are seeking Senior Analytics Engineers with proven experience in building data models that scale and setting data standards for large and complex enterprises.
Our ideal engineering candidate is: self-motivated, highly analytical, technically excellent with the modern data stack, and passionate about delivering impactful data solutions.
- Architect, build, publish, and maintain performant and reliable data models and pipelines to power
- self-service data consumption throughout the enterprise
- flexible querying and data visualization
- advanced analytical and scientific use cases
- Serve as a data steward and subject-matter expert for a dedicated set of business and technology domains.
- Operate at the intersection of upstream data producers and consumers, collaborating to define successful analytical outcomes.
- Drive data quality and enrich metadata context by transforming dynamic data and business logic into consistent and trustworthy datasets.
- Actively provide feedback to the analytics platform team that builds tooling for data worker efficiency, data security and privacy as well as data observability.
- Develop and evangelize development standards and best practices for data modeling and working with our data and tools.
- 8+ years of work experience in data curation lifecycle (data ingestion, transformation, modeling, organization and delivery); prior experience at a modern technology company with a well-developed data organization OR a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, software engineering, or a related field with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Advanced skills with writing clean, performant, scalable SQL
- Advanced experience with Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift etc.
- Extensive experience in schema design and data modeling strategies (e.g. dimensional modeling, data vault, etc)
- Significant experience with dbt (or similar tools), Spark-based(or similar) data pipelines
- Significant experience with general-purpose programming (e.g. Python, Java, Go), dealing with a variety of data structures, algorithms, and serialization formats
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
- Familiarity with canonical modeling techniques, domain driven design, data mesh principles
- Ability to solve ambiguous problems independently
- Detail oriented and excited to learn new skills and tools
- Ability to write clear, concise documentation, and to communicate generally with a high degree of precision
- Passion for high data quality and building data solutions that scale, are easy to use and result in customer delight
- Team player with a bias for action and willingness to mentor junior developers
- Strong sense of ownership
- Collaborate with a wide variety of organizational stakeholders
- Familiarity with modern BI tools: Looker, Superset, Metabase
- Ingestion: Kafka, Snowpipe, Fivetran, Datacoral, MuleSoft
- Data Warehouse: Snowflake
- Orchestration: Astronomer/Dagster
- Transformation: dbt
- Product Analytics: Amplitude, Fullstory
- BI: Looker, Snowsight
- Reverse ETL: MuleSoft
- Cloud: AWS
- Other: Terraform, Buildkite, Sumo Logic
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range displayed, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and / or training.
- Account Management
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- United States
More About Flexport