Flexport is reinventing global trade.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
What you'll do:
- Advise on employment matters, both domestically and internationally, including state and federal compliance (e.g., ADA, ADEA, Title VII, FMLA, FLSA, WARN Act and state/municipal equivalents), disciplinary actions, wage & hour issues, investigations and disability accommodation
- Act as legal partner to the entire People organization including all HR functions, and act as legal partner to new business units as and if required outside of the People function(in our operational and product departments)
- Actively monitor new laws, regulations and decisions affecting the substantive areas of employment law and litigation and provide strategic advice to the Legal team.
- Respond to day-to-day policy issues raised within the organization and, according to circumstances, provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of industry-leading practices and trends
- Draft and negotiate offer letters and employment-related agreements, including severance, separation, restrictive covenant, retention and other agreements
- Draft employee-facing policies, handbooks and other resources, enhance our processes and forms
- Support resolution of federal, state and local agency claims and charges
- Provide employment law support for mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Assist in designing and leading training events on employment law and benefits matters
- Review, interpret and make recommendations to management for improvement of company policies, procedures and programs
- Manage employment arbitrations and litigation, including developing litigation strategy and selecting and managing outside counsel
What you'll need:
- At least five years of relevant employment law experience, with prior in-house experience required and some experience with global employment law issues preferred
- Strong people leader with proven ability to manage people and build high-performing teams
- Desire to support additional operational and business units beyond the People department as required by business needs
- State bar membership and in good standing
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal/relationship-building skills, including the ability to communicate legal considerations to non-lawyers
- Highly responsive, flexible, collaborative and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to adapt to multiple and changing demands and juggle different priorities and
- prioritize for others
- Experience managing outside counsel on strategy and cost-effective budgets
- Experience identifying relevant best practices and demonstrated ability to think creatively
- Ability to influence and provide timely and effective legal and business advice, support and training at all organizational levels
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Good business judgment and sound decision-making
- Detail-oriented, thorough, and careful
- Self-starter with ability to project manage independently in a fast-paced environment and prioritize workflow
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- IT & Security